Sunday, January 9, 2011

Benjamin Dube - Ngiyakuthanda




The Holy Spirit
As I fellowshipped and listened to this song, all this I write came to my spirit.
“But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
How, can u then be a witness if the Holy Ghost, dwells not in you, another word of God that is factual and to the point. One of the world's powerful gospel artist (South Africa’s Benjamin Dube), sings his love and adoration for the Holy Spirit. Apostle Paul tells us to be filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:19) he must have known the benefits, the power and the work of Holy Spirit. This is evident in his writings and ministry during his time. I mean not only that, Jesus himself said, “Howbeit when the spirit of truth” (John16: 13:15). Jesus is the way the truth and the life and he is telling us we need the Holy Spirit, and what the Holy Spirit will do in us and for us. I do not understand, people that say they do not believe in the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues and , let alone Christmas. The bible tells us that the birth of Christ was significant, the angel of the Lord said, “The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the highest shall come overshadow thee: therefore that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.(Luke 2:35). How can then people claim to know God, when they believe not in the Holy Spirit, Christmas-the birth of Christ.  Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the father, but by me (John14: 6), yet another scripture in the bible that is factual and without question. This was Jesus speaking; therefore Jesus had to come in order to be the way, the truth, and the life. My question is those that do not believe, but yet claim to know God, how they got to God if not by Jesus. The same Holy Spirit the bible states was in the beginning: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:1-2). I mean how can, one even know the father if u have not the Holy Spirit. If you do not believe or have not the Holy Spirit, you will continue to walk in darkness, that’s a fact!
The same Holy Spirit gave Peter boldness and confidence to speak the word of God with power, resulting in many being baptized ," what shall we do", (Acts 2), Peter and John healed the lame man & he walked........at this time Jesus was not even with them physically anymore. This was after Jesus had ascended, his promise of the spirit of truth had been fulfilled and they began to speak and heal in Jesus Name. The gospel of power began to spread with power.......we speak not what we heard, but what I have seen and experienced the power of the Holy Spirit in a believer; I am a witness of that power. I will not keep quiet, I will not shut up, and no one has the power or the ability to keep me quite, because that power is at work in me. I am a burning and shining light, a light set on a hill. I am making an impact I am taking the true light to the world. The Holy Spirit is taking me there giving me the power the ability and the word in my heart, and spirit to go forth.  The truth has to be spoken. So you see you cannot shut me up, nothing can, because it is no longer I that lives, but Christ which lives in me. I will not grieve the spirit of God, whereby I am sealed unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30) So you see what happens when the Spirit of God is at work in you, you write none stop, revelation keeps coming at you, you begin to speak in other tongues, to worship, to glorify, because you are filled with the word, which is living and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). No wonder Jeremiah said, “Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. (Jeremiah 20:9). No wonder you cannot give what you do not have, the word has to be in you for you to give it. How can you then know the maker of all things, I AM I AM, if the Holy Spirit, reveleath him not to you. I can boast in all things in my God, this is something that I have that no one can take away from. The power of God at work in me, His word in side of me, has made a resting place in me, a home, abiding at peace. No wonder Jesus said, " the spirit of truth will remind you of the things, I have said, teach you, & show you things to come,"  this is the one that Benjamin Dube is singing too........and Apostle Paul said, when ye know not what ye ought to say, in those times of weakness, limitations, he will intercede for you, prompt you, bear you up, support you, as he is doing right now, reminding me, prompting me, supporting me, revealing the truth through me. The truth has to be spoken many are still in the dark; the gospel/word is the only true light to set men free. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord.
Holy Spirit, I thank you for your ministry in my life, you are the fire and power at work in me. I thank you that you have taken over my soul & I will never walk in darkness, but in the light and revelation of God’s word. As you work in me I am walking in wisdom, knowledge, & understanding.  As I yield and acknowledge your ministry in my life, I can walk in the miraculous and do the impossible in Jesus Name. You have made me a wonder, brought excellence into my life, made the word of God real to me. I go out with boldness and confidence as a witness, for Christ in my own Jerusalem (Environ) and through partnerships, I reach the ends of the earth as I take Rhapsody of Realities to the ends of the earth to bring, Christ into the lives of many. I love and adore you Holy Spirit in Jesus Name!

No comments: